Candid.

I want to fall in love the old-fashioned way. I want to experience love the way Nat King Cole described it in the song, That's All. I'd like a walk in the park, a stroll on the beach, or better yet, a meeting at the top of the Empire State building. I want to experience time standing still - a moment where I can feel nervous and delighted at the same time. I want my stomach filled with butterflies that I can't eat, sleep or even think. I want spontaneous slow dances, comfortable conversations, and enchanting embraces. I want to hold hands and kiss in the rain. I want the seemingly impossible kind of love - the kind that only exists in celluloid. 


In other words, I want to fall in love in a movie. 

*Just watched: An Affair To Remember, Leo McCarey, 1957
*Listening to: Stardust, Nat King Cole

0 comments: