Anticipating 2009!

Even though the end of the year is fast approaching, new things still managed to pop into my life and surprise me. It really is funny how things work out the way they do - you never can tell what's coming and what's going, so it's important to keep an open mind all throughout. I am just so incredibly thankful for all the blessings I've gotten this past year that I seriously am so ready for whatever 2009 is going to bring my way (whether it be good or bad). I've learned so much about myself recently that my upcoming resolutions would basically just be a continuation of whatever I'm trying to change about myself already - like becoming more patient, trying to stay positive no matter what, and just choosing to be happy in general. I know we hear and say it all the time, but life really is too short to be wasted on negativity. It is so much more rewarding to try and create beautiful memories every single moment you can - that way you can look back at your life with joy and gratitude. 


On another note, I've recently become employed as a server and I have to say, the job itself is incredibly exhausting! However, I couldn't be happier working where I do, because our restaurant is amazing and my coworkers make every minute of my shift worthwhile. We all have the best time at work that it feels like we have a party of our own behind the scenes! I am so grateful for this job that I wouldn't trade it for the world. With today's shitty economy, I consider myself lucky to even have found something, so I'm more than ecstatic with what I have. 

Meanwhile, things are going really well with Ben, and now I really understand what real love is because he always shows me. I'm really fortunate to have met him, and it's so gross sometimes cuz I can't believe how in love I am! hahaha. (see what I mean? I just typed in a laugh, which means I'm pretty embarrassed at how smitten I am. So pathetic. Pardon me!) But seriously, because of him, I'm more appreciative of the little things and of life itself - and he makes me want to be better inside and out. I can only hope that everyone finds their own Ben. It is very therapeutic. =]

Three more days and it's a whole 'nother year... I seriously can't wait!♥



0 comments: