Invisible haircut.

I got a haircut, but my hair doesn't look any different. I've been running everyday for a month, but I still look like marshmallow man's sister. The whole running thing? I get. I get that it takes a while to see any drastic changes especially since I opted for the healthy way (one pound a week). But the haircut had no excuse whatsoever. I paid good money ($30) to get some wild layers, and instead ended up with a really tame head. I wanted to say something to the lady cutter, but before I opened my mouth she had already snipped her way to the end of my haircut. She brought out the mirror and started showing me the back of my head. I stared for a while to see what had changed (or what might possibly appear, like a hidden image, similar to the ones you can find in those 3D paintings) - and I swear I saw nothing. It was like I had gotten an invisible haircut. I started wondering whether it was because I told her specifically NOT to give me a trim. I guess I should've told her to go wild. I may have suppressed her creativity.


See the problem is, I never really learned how to confront hairstylists. Somehow they intimidate me with their hair knowledge and cutting expertise that I feel unworthy to complain. I also feared that if I correct them or reprimand them for doing my hair injustice, they might start attacking me with their sharp instruments and burn me with their flat irons. Besides, I'm not confrontational anyway. So I usually just take my unwanted hairstyle home and complain to my mother instead. I'd rather listen to her yell than risk my life fighting for the haircut I didn't get.

Of course, a lot of this haircut unhappiness might actually be due to the fact that the whole fiasco cost me a measly $30. Was it too much to expect a great cut for that price? Maybe. But I'd like to think otherwise. I guess next time I'll complain...only after making sure the stylist isn't holding on to anything sharp - or hot.

0 comments: