Normal day, normal musings.

I tried to weigh myself at the gym earlier, but it was one of those scales that are usually found in medical clinics and hospitals, and I could not, for the life of me, get the metal bar to stabilize in the center. I moved the small metal marker up  and down the numbers to see if the stupid bar would finally stay in the middle of the space, but it seems as though only nurses or medical assistants know how to work that damn contraption. As a result, I never found out how much I weighed -- and it looks like it will remain a mystery until I get back home to step on the digital scale. Why couldn't the gym have a digital scale instead?


On the other hand, I've been having fun in my french class even though it's a whole gunk of work. The weather in Orange County is amazing too, so I'm really glad that I get to work on my tan while I'm here. I also got to hang out with a few good friends over the weekend, which was totally awesome. I thought I was gonna rot here all by my lonesome. Then again it's only six weeks (well, five now actually) so it's not so bad to begin with. It's just harder when you're not quite as busy.

I really want to move out here within the next couple months, but that seems like a really far-fetched idea right now. It's so hard to find a job and a place, so I don't really know how that would work even if I tried to do it. I guess I'll have to cross the bridge when I get there, and stick to my plans for now. There's no rush anyway. It's not like I'm 45 and a bum.

I'm starting to feel really sticky so I should hit the shower. And do some laundry. AND get started on homework. Ah, what a day this is turning out to be.

0 comments: