Nostalgia creeping up.

My undergraduate life is officially ending a week from today.


Although I've only spent two years at UCI I still feel like I've been here for four. It's been a really great experience: moving out of the house and into my own place, living by myself for the first time, learning how to manage my own time and money (which was hard by the way) and just learning so much more about film and media studies (as cheesy as that sounds). I really can proudly say that these past two years have been two of the most enriching and fulfilling years of my life. Yesterday was my very last day of classes, and this coming week is FINALS week. I don't have to take any in-class exams, but I do have to turn in two papers: one for my Sound Era I class (6-8 pages) and a ten-page analytical paper on Michael Jackson for my Stardom class.  Jenny and I hung out with our TAs yesterday at the pub, and it was a lot of fun "re-capping" our undergrad experiences with them and of course discussing our future plans of going to grad school. Our TAs are so awesome... Cecilia, Vuslat, Tim, Patrick and Shahriar - thanks for helping make our undergraduate experience much more enjoyable. You guys are the best! Here are a few photographs from yesterday's events... (too bad we didn't get to take pictures with our TAs damnit): 

Me and Perf (Jenny) walking to the Mesa Parking Structure


The view from the Mesa Bridge


Our lovely School of Humanities (ie Headquarters for Two Years) peeking beneath the shrubbery


Music Building (I think)


Jenny by the bridge

My turn!


The bridge of broken dreams 


Posing like tourists at the parking structure


Brandon and me at the HIB for xZotica 2008 (ZotFilm Awards)


Brandon, me and Jenny

Perf Productions, inc. 


The coolest people ever: Mike, Katie and Soken


Perf and her hot cocoa


My DP (Director of Photography) Omar G. and Hitchcock fellow critic, Mike


Katie and me yelling


Silly willies

More to come for Nostalgia Creeping Up part II. =]

0 comments: